Information We Collect About You
We may collect personal identifying information (PII) that can identify you, such as your name and postal or email address, as well as other information that does not identify you. When you provide personal information through our or a partner’s website, by buying tickets or merchandise, making a donation, or filling out a subscription card or survey form, the information may be kept in one or more databases used by a Musica Nova, Inc. and our service providers, and sent to servers located in the United States and other countries around the world.
- Information you provide. We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our web or social media sites or provide to us in some other manner, including personal information that may be contained in any artist agreement, contract, video, comment, online ticket order, or other submission you make. This includes identifying information, such as your name, postal address, email address, and telephone number, and your likeness. We also may request information about your interests and activities, your gender and age, and other demographic information. If you are an independent contractor engaged by Musica Nova, Inc., we save information from your mandatory W-9 form, including your address and Social Security or other Tax ID number, for tax reporting purposes. Information about donors and vendors is kept in our QuickBooks Online account, maintained by Intuit, Inc., and accessible only by authorized MusicaNova officers.
- Information from other sources. We may also periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from Phoenix, AZ-area arts organizations and other third parties. Examples of information that we may receive include email and postal mail addresses and additional demographic information.
- Information about others. We may also collect and store personal information about other people that you provide to us. If you use our web or social media sites to send others (friends, relatives, colleagues, etc.) information that may interest them or messages (such as tags or invitations) through our system, we may store your personal information, and the personal information of each such recipient. Similarly, if you use our web or social media sites to upload, share and/or distribute content (including photos, videos, comments or other submissions), and such content contains personal information about others, such information may be stored in order to allow for such uploading, sharing and/or distribution.
At present, Musica Nova, Inc. does not place cookies or use related technologies on your computer to collect information about your activities on our site.
- Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser when you visit our website. This information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, and the referring website address.
- Other Technologies. We may use standard Internet technology, such as web analytics and other similar technologies, to track your use of our site. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our web and social media site visitors to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming or other activities.
- Information collected by third-parties. Third-parties, including our authorized service providers, social media sites, online ticket and merchandise sellers, donation processors, advertising companies, and ad networks, may collect information from you directly or indirectly when you use their systems or platforms to carry out a transaction with Musica Nova, Inc. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. Unless expressly stated otherwise, our website does not provide any personal information to these third parties. This information allows them to deliver targeted advertisements and gauge their effectiveness. Some of these third-party advertising companies may be advertising networks that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers a single location to opt out of ad targeting from member companies (www.networkadvertising.org).
How We Use Information We Collect
We may use information that we collect about you to:
- deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- manage your interaction with us as a customer, contractor, or interested party, and provide you with appropriate support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us or other third parties;
- develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other sites;
- enforce our terms and conditions;
- manage our business and
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Customer Financial information. We define as “customers” or “donors” any person or entity who sends money to Musica Nova, Inc. Customers’ contact information, including names, postal and email addresses, telephone numbers, and web and social media sites and handles may be maintained in our accounting system or elsewhere for the purpose of contacting you with news about Musica Nova, Inc., and other topics of interest. We do not collect or store any financial information about you, such as credit or debit card or bank account numbers and other similar information. We rely on third-party service providers for all online financial transactions, including online ticket and merchandise sales, donations of cash or securities, and invoice payment, and in-person ticket and merchandise sales. Through check imaging we have access to routing transit numbers (RTNs) and account numbers of payments made by check, but do not store any account related information, including RTNs, bank account numbers or credit card numbers as part of our regular processing of payments. We do not provide services such as “save this credit card for future use.”
Please consult the privacy policies of specific third-party services that may request and use your personally identifiable or financial information.
Please review “Your Choices About Collection and Use of Your Information” below.
How We Share Your Information
We want you to understand when and with whom we may share personal or other information we have collected about you or your activities on our website or while using our services.
Personal information. We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We may share personal information with:
- Authorized service providers: We may share your personal information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, delivering direct mail and email marketing, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our website functionality, and other features offered through our website. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- Direct mail partners. From time to time we may share our postal mailing list with selected arts organizations in the Phoenix AZ area that provide goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive mailings from these providers, you can notify us at any time by clicking here.
- Other Situations. We also may disclose your information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us, in our sole discretion.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, report or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Aggregated and non-personal information. We may share aggregated and non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our websites and on websites of third parties. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers, and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors to our website and the most popular features or services accessed. This information does not contain any personal information and may be used to develop website content and services that we hope you and other users will find of interest and to target content and advertising.
How You Can Access Your Information
Musica Nova, Inc. does not maintain user accounts or similar services whose use requires you to log in with a user ID and password. You can review and update your personal information by contacting us, as described below.
Your Choices About Collection and Use of Your Information
- You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our website because such information may be required in order for you to register as a member; purchase products or services; participate in a contest, promotion, or survey; ask a question; or initiate other transactions on our website.
- At any time, you can choose to no longer receive commercial or promotional emails or direct mail from us by clicking on the following link and entering the associated email and/or postal address: click here. You also will be given the opportunity, in any commercial e-mail that we send to you, to opt out of receiving such messages in the future, using features of the email service provider. We may send you other types of transactional and relationship e-mail communications, such as service announcements, administrative notices, and surveys, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. Please note that, changing information in your account, or otherwise opting out of receipt of promotional email communications will only affect future activities or communications from us. If we have already provided your information to a third party (such as another Phoenix-area arts organization) before you have changed your preferences or updated your information, you may have to change your preferences directly with that third party.
- You may tell us not to share your personal information with third parties by clicking on the following link and entering your email and/or postal mail address: click here.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic, and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized Musica Nova, Inc. officers or managers are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption in the transmission of your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your personal information. We rely on the security of third-party service providers to provide equal or better protection of your information as we provide on our sites.
We want you to feel confident using our website to transact business. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s website for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
We may provide areas on our websites or social media sites where you can post information about yourself and others and communicate with others; upload content (e.g. pictures, videos, audio files, etc.); and post comments or reviews of content found on the Website. In addition, such postings may appear on other websites or when searches are executed on the subject of your posting. Also, whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information on publicly-viewable web pages, that information will be publicly available and can be collected and used by others. For example, if you post your email address in a comment on our Web or social media sites, you may receive unsolicited messages. We cannot control who reads your postings or what other users may do with the information you post or otherwise share with other users, so we encourage you to exercise discretion and caution with respect to your personal information. Once you have posted information, you may not be able to edit or delete such information.
Our website is a general audience site, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
Visiting Our Website from Outside the United States
No Rights of Third Parties
How to Contact Us
Musica Nova, Inc.
4802 East Ray Road, Suite 23-115
Phoenix AZ 85044 USA
©2018 Musica Nova, Inc. All rights reserved.