|Our mission is to play great new, neglected, and traditional music, introduce the finest new artists, and give you the greatest musical experience you’ve never had – yet.|
|Our vision is to be known as the source for new and exciting classical music in Arizona.|
The MusicaNova Orchestra is a professional ensemble whose concerts feature new works, neglected works that should be heard, new interpretations of the classics, and new collaborations with artistic and cultural partners. We don’t play the same classical “greatest hits” you can hear anywhere; we do tell the stories behind the music to entertain and inform everyone from long-time classical music lovers to those attending their first concert.
We believe in the future of great music, and regularly feature exceptionally talented young performers and works by brilliant young composers. Our partnerships and educational outreach with schools bring the joy of playing and hearing great music to many who might not otherwise have the opportunity.
Five important artistic programs support MusicaNova’s mission:
- The Orchestra Concerts Series by the professional MusicaNova Orchestra (MNO) plays great new and neglected music – not the same “greatest hits” you hear everywhere – and presents the finest emerging talent. We are innovative, surprising and entertaining. When was the last time your heard something great for the first time? It was probably at a MusicaNova Orchestra concert!
- The Young Artist Concerts Series is devoted to exceptionally talented musicians under 18 in a formal recital setting. Many MusicaNova young artists go on to solo appearances with the orchestra.
- The Collaborative Concerts Series features performances by members of the MusicaNova family and others in a variety of musical styles, presented in an informal setting with audience interaction.
- The Composition Fellows Program finds fine young composers from around the world and presents one of their works as a world premiere at each orchestra concert.
- The Educational Outreach and Collaboration Program, where MNO musicians visit partner schools and organizations around the Valley of the Sun to play and talk about their aspirations, inspirations, and life as musicians. Students may be invited to play in an MNO performing series.
We look forward to continuing our second decade of performances from our orchestra home in the Phoenix Central Arts District and other venues around the Valley of the Sun!